Manifesto

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Thanks Akira!!

Wow, it's been a hugely long hiatus from blogging but I am still here.  I've recently returned from a five day work shop hosted by FibresWest with the legendary Akira Blount.  I am speechless with gratitude at being able to attend this workshop.  I had become somewhat stuck with the dolls I was working on - just couldn't get past the limbs!!  I've also had my personal time severely reduced by my return to full time work in May. The dolls have suffered enormously as a result.  The opportunity to spend a whole week on a lovely campus in Bunbury having all of my domestic needs taken care of and being able to doll from 7am to 9pm was an invaluable boost to my soul.  Not to mention some profound self reflections on my future directions - enough of that though, needs a little more manifesting.  Here are some pics of the girl I completed during the workshop.  It was so wonderful to meet other enthusiastic doll artists, making dolls is usually done in solitude it was a nice change to work in such a social atmosphere - sharing ideas, tips and tricks.






4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful opportunity you've had by being able to attend this workshop. I adore the doll that you made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's marvelous! Someday I'm going to attend an Akira workshop--

    How tall is your tall? Love that grey hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Maddyrose and Jenclair, very lucky indeed. Jenclair she is about 18inches and I thoroughly recommend attending a workshop it was invaluable and is going to change how I make dolls quite a bit I think. When I get the time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And Akira was absolutely brilliant - she demystified much and kept everything calm and relaxed. I have many of her phrases still resounding in my head!!

    ReplyDelete